Thanksgiving is TOMORROW and I honestly can’t believe the year is almost over. 2017 was a fun, heartbreaking, life-changing year. I made many life decisions that were hard but necessary and I got to experience and see new things I have never seen before. There are many things I am thankful for in my life, I wanted to write a post about the main ones. These are in no particular order.
- I’m thankful for my health. After this year I’ve finally realized how lucky I am for having little to no health problems my whole life *knocking on wood.* I have taken for granted something that sustains my life so often that I vow for the rest of this year and the rest of the years to be mindful of my health always.
- I’m thankful for my family and friends that I have and will meet. All of these people have molded me into the person I am today. The person I am today and who I will be tomorrow are forever changing and growing and it’s because of all of the incredible people I have met and will meet along the way.
- I’m thankful for my eccentricity. I used to be so embarrassed that I loved the Ramones when I was 9 or was oddly obsessed with mermaids since I can remember because they weren’t “cool” to the other kids. I hid who I was for years and years and didn’t ever want to speak up in fear I would be rejected. Now, I could care less. I’m weird as hell and am proud of it.
- I’m thankful for my career. It’s definitely not something I ever saw myself doing (I sell billboards in Nashville) but I am so thankful for it. I am able to take vacations that I always said I would thanks to my flexible work schedule, I am able to be in the comforts of my own home for a few hours, and I have met amazing people in the business and out of the business that have left me awe-struck.
- I’m thankful I’m able to realize when I’m not being valued. I know my self worth enough to know when something doesn’t feel right. I’m glad I finally know this at the raw age of 24.
- I’m thankful for my puppy, Poppy Sue. I’ve had some rough times this year and she always brightens my day and makes me feel better. She is like my little furry child and I pretty much take her everywhere with me.
- I’m thankful for my faith. God has always been someone I’ve talked to and prayed to and told my worries to. I’m not someone who openly can discuss things I’m feeling. I’m a cancer (zodiac sign) so I have a hard shell but I’m an actual softy once you get to know me lol. He is someone that I can be completely honest to and I know He hears me because like they say, “God works in mysterious ways.”
- I’m thankful for books and podcasts. These suckers get me through a lot. When I want to wind down, I read. When I want to clean, I listen to podcasts. Both provide a purpose to me because I don’t like winding down and I don’t like to clean but it has to be done.
- I’m thankful I’m blessed enough to get to travel. Just this year I’ve been to Orange Beach, AL, the Bahamas, Florida, Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL. In 2018 I plan to visit North Carolina, Gulf Shores, AL, Pennsylvania, and New York City.
- Last but not least, I’m thankful for this blog. I’m thankful I have expanded it and made it a lifestyle/diary these days. I always wanted it to be this way but was too scared of what I put out there would be judged. I still keep many things private but I do like that I get to write in here and feel my problems slowly dissipate with every key I press.
Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!
“When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” – Tecumseh
❤ Brooke Paige